Monday, March 31, 2008

...a track star too???

Ok...who would have thought...Tyler a Track star?? Yup!!
OK...maybe not Kim Schiemenz fast, but like his coach said, "Tyler, during 7th grade basketball you were as slow as oatmeal...now you are one of the six fastest on the team!" When I think back to where he was both physically and mentally in August before his 7th grade year to where he is now it's almost as though he has changed right before my eyes. I swear he went to bed one night as a little boy and woke up a young man. He's taller than I am now and his voice is getting really deep. When I saw him running the 100 yd dash today it was like "WOW - who is that??" Let's not get too carried away...I mean his time was 13.58...not olympic standards by any means, but when he crossed the finish line - 1st place in his heat - that was quite a moment. He ended up 4th over all. Pretty good for a kid that used to be "as slow as oatmeal!" He is also the second leg on the Medley Relay. They took first with a time of 2:02.

1 comment:

Tom, Kim, Kinley & Kendall said...

Yeah! I'm so happy Tyler is doing great and that he likes to run. Wish him the best from us!