Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 08













Oh...its' been a busy summer already! Since I last updated, Tyler was "promoted" out of 8th grade! The first picture is of him getting his 8th grade promotion certificate from Don Anderson, who is the Superintendent. The principal introduced him as 'Tyler "T-bone" Miller'. All the kids cheered for him. He is very well liked!

The second photo is of my brother Jeff, my dad Cliff (aka Grandpa), my grandpa, my nephew Kyron, Tyler and Ryan. Aren't the guys in our family so handsome!?













Since I last wrote, baseball season for both boys has come to an end. Baseball drains me!! Both boys have at least two games a week...which means that we are at the ball park four nights a week AND they usually have practice on two of the other days of the week. They pack a lot of baseball action into about 5 weeks. Ryan's team (Crites Construction) took 1st place in the League and took 2nd in the tournament. They lost to Stratton...again! He had a great season. He is such a good baseball player. He started out playing catcher but switched to 2nd base about half way through the season. He is very versatile and could probably play any position they put him at. Tyler played on the 2nd string of the 13-15 Babe Ruth team. He also played 2nd base. Tyler plays baseball for something to do. His real passion is football (and wrestling, and track...) Speaking of football. Tyler went to a football team camp at Chadron State College a few weeks ago. It was a great experience for him. There were about 30 kids from here that traveled by bus up to Chadron where they spent 4 days and 3 nights. They got to stay in the dorms which was a real eye opening experience for Tyler. It was a full contact camp and I think he learned a lot. He's been spending quite a bit of time in the weight room this summer getting ready for two-a-days which start on August 11th. I'm SO excited!!

The next couple of weeks should seem pretty uneventful. I'm on vacation this week, we are planning a day trip to Water World with some of Tyler and Ryan's friends next week, we are in the process of getting a new car, and I'm studying for my real-estate broker exam. Sheesh!!

I'll write again soon!!
Take care~

No comments: