For the last several years there have been days that I've had to wake Tyler up early to go to practice or meet the bus for one sport or another. I would always just leave Ryan in bed, run Tyler to the school, and then run back home. Today however, was Ryan's day. The jr. high basketball coach started working with the 6th grade boys on Thursday mornings to help them develop their fundamentals and get some experience on the court before they start the real thing next year. Ryan had to be there at 6:30 this morning. He was so excited! He packed his little bag of equipment...and a towel...so he could shower before school.
This is the phase of my life I've looked forward to the most for a long time. I love it that they are both so involved in so many different things. It seems like we are on the go constantly - but I love it! I'm not going to say it doesn't wear me out - because it does, and sometimes it can get to be a little bit difficult financially (especially when I figured that in the next year I will have to buy a pair of track spikes for Tyler, baseball shoes for Ryan, football shoes for both of them, basketball shoes for Ryan, wrestling shoes for Tyler...and shoes that they can just wear to school!) Their feet are growing so fast - so it's not like they can wear the same pair one year to the next. But all in all it is so worth it. I just need to remember to enjoy every moment because they are growing up way too fast.
Speaking of that...Tyler started his driver's ed class. Since they don't offer it in the schools here he has to take an on-line class. When he completes that he will be able to get his permit and then will have to drive with me for a year before he can get his license. This is the kid that I let drive up my brother's drive way one time which is about the length of a football field then there is a circle drive at the end. Tyler did pretty good but when he got to his parking place, he said "Wow! It sure is easier to drive straight than to turn isn't it?" I think my eyes were huge when he said that!! We have A LOT of work to do. Think of us - and pray for us - this is going to be a very trying time for both of us.
OK...so wrestling season is over and track has started for Tyler. We ended the wrestling season with a family trip to the state wrestling tournament in Denver. Tyler didn't qualify for state this year and I thought it would be a good thing for him to see what it is all about. He needed to see why they work as hard as they do and what the reward is. Eveyone around here LOVES wrestling and really talks up the state tournament. We went, we watched, and honestly, I wasn't that impressed. I probably won't go again unless by some stroke of fate Tyler qualifies sometime in the next three years. (Gosh I hope Ryan sticks to basketball!!!!!)
Well, I better get back to work...Hope everyone is doing well. Take care and keep in touch!

No comments:
Post a Comment