Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Update

Happy Easter!
Here are a few things that have been going on since my last update:
*Tyler made the 3rd quarter A-B honor roll!
*Ryan is playing on a 5-on-5 basketball team. He is one of two sixth graders on the team. The rest are 5th and 4th graders. They played in a tournament in Limon a couple of weeks ago and lost the first one and won the second one. Ryan looked really good in the second game. They practice every weeknight and at least once during the weekend. Tomorrow they go to Cheyenne Wells for another tournament. He is LOVING this!
*Tyler is out for Track. He is running sprints again this year. He ran the 400 and 200 at the Yuma meet on Tuesday. He didn't place, but he improved him personal records in both races. Tomorrow he goes to Limon where he will run the 100.
...OK...this is where my life starts to get really complicated. I've got both boys competing in two different locations on the same day! I've decided that this time I will go with Ryan. First of all, I am his transportation to the tournament. Tyler is going on a bus with the team. Second of all, I have been going to ALL of Tyler's events for the past 2 1/2 years. And, third...Tyler probably doesn't want his mother hanging out at a track meet all day. I have a feeling I'm going to run into this dilema several times over the next three years!
Anyway, I really can't complain...I absolutely love watching them compete! I just wish there were two of me sometimes!
*Another exciting thing is that my dad and brother just remodeled Ryan's bedroom! I had asked them if they could paint it. Well they don't do anything halfway. They tore out the carpet, re-textured the walls, put up new trim and painted the walls. Ryan wanted black walls - but we finally agreed on a light gray. I got him a new black comforter for his bed. It looks so good! He is so proud of it. Now I guess I need to ask them to "paint" my kitchen! :-)
*The boys celebrated their 12th and 15th birthdays last weekend. We had to go to a wedding on Ryan's birthday so we had a family celebration on Tyler's birthday. It was fun. I can't believe how old they are getting! Tyler will be driving if/when he ever finished his driver's ed class. SCARY!!
Guess that is all for now. Have a happy Easter!

No comments: