Friday, June 19, 2009

What an exciting game!

Last night was Ryan's 1st round tournament game vs. Goodland. We had beaten them earlier this season in a come from behind win but beating Goodland twice in one year isn't an easy thing to do. Ryan pitched the entire game. He did an amazing job! He remained calm and composed and was very consistent. Goodland scored one run in the first - and then we tied the game 1-1. Goodland scored another run in the 2nd or 3rd...and we answered with a run of our own. Going into the bottom of the sixth inning we were down 3-2. We had one more chance to bat and we were at the top of the lineup. Jett got a base hit and then stole 2nd. Ryan hit the ball between center and right. The centerfielder almost caught it - but didn't so Ryan got a base hit. This brought up Bubba. On a pass ball Jett went to third and Ryan went to 2nd. (I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was at this point!) Bubba got a base hit - Jett and Ryan both scored and we won 4-3! Ryan slid in to home then slapped home plate. He was so excited! It was a great game! Tonight they will play Stratton for the Championship.

I also think I need to commend Tyler as he played a part in last night's victory. Tyler is the 1st base coach and did a great job sending those boys around the bases. I don't know if he realizes it yet, but he has the potential to be an awesome coach someday!

I think one of my favorite things about watching the boys participate in sports is watching them support each other! Tyler is so supportivie and positive with Ryan - and Ryan really responds to what Tyler tells him! It's not always like that at home! ;-)

Sorry I don't have any pictures - I was too nervous!

I'll update more later.

1 comment:

Tom, Kim, Kinley & Kendall said...

Please tell the boys congrats! Wish y'all the best of luck & miss you!