Sunday, September 13, 2009

Football Recap

Ryan's team beat Wray on Tuesday 22-0!  He played a great game.  He's getting a little more aggressive each game.  The coaches presented him with the trophy for the Most Valuable Defensive Back/Receiver for the game!  He was so proud!  ...so was his mama!
The varsity boys beat Wray on Friday night 27-7.  I wasn't sure how we would do with Wray - they are one of those rival teams that always seems to be good.  They came out and scored first and then we took over.  Our boys did a great job!
Tomorrow the JV boys go to Wray.  ...I'll let you know how that one goes. 
Thursday Ryan's team will play Holyoke - Here!  (Have I mentioned that I LOVE home games?) 
Friday the varsity travels to Akron where they will attempt to break Akron's 41 game winning streak.  I really believe that if anyone can snap it - it's these boys.  They are amazing!  The O-Line is doing such a great job and the defense is awesome!  I'm nervous...but really excited.  I'm sure it will be a great game!
Akron is currently ranked #1 in the state and we are ranked #4.  I hope a lot of our fans will make the long trip up there.  That adds so much excitement. 
The boys are also going to participate in the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition on Thursday night.  Sheesh!
So...........another exciting week of football on the calendar!  I'm looking forward to every minute of it.

No comments: