Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Recipe #1 - Chicken Teriyaki and Rice

I am not one to follow a recipe...at all.  I am somewhat "creative" if you will when it comes to cooking.  Though it may or may not end up being very good...I tend to always do it my way.  Sometimes I don't even set the timer.  I can't tell you why I am this way...but I am.  Anyway, tonight I wanted to try something different and this time it actually worked! 
Here is what I did:
I boiled 3 chicken breasts for about 15 minutes then shredded them.  I put a little bit of olive oil in a pan and heated it then I added the shredded chicken and a bag of those frozen peppers (red, yellow,and green).  I also added some teriyaki sauce and let that simmer while I made some Fried Rice flavored Rice-a-Roni.  After 15-20 minutes (or whenever I thought the rice seemed done enough) I served the chicken and peppers on the rice.  It was delicious!  The boys got the wild idea to wrap their "mixture" in tortillas and eat them as burritos.  Like I said - we do nothing by the book - but this time it seemed to work.  :-)

No comments: