IT'S BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE TODAY! I would really be okay with it staying like this from now on. This winter has been so cold, and wet, and windy. I really haven't enjoyed it very much. Maybe that is why I haven't written on here for quite some time, or maybe because I've been busy, or maybe just because I haven't felt very creative latey. Who knows.
Oh well. I'm here now...
Things have been good. Ryan finished his wrestling season. He did an AWESOME job this year. Almost to the point where I was thinking maybe I would be okay with it if he decided to wrestle in high school. But then he gets that basketball in his hands and there is just no question that that is what he was meant to do. All I can say about that is how nice it must be to be blessed with that kind of athletic ability. Obviously, he didn't get it from me. ...well, maybe a little bit...no...probably not.
Tyler is in the midst of his bi-weekly allergy shots. ugh... He's had a somewhat severe reaction to the last three shots he's gotten. Not to the point where he can't breathe or anything like that, but the injection sight looks like there is a big, hard, hot baseball under his skin. It's crazy! There is something in that serum that his body does not like. We are only 2 months into this injection regimin and we've been told it could last anywhere from one to three years. sigh. Poor guy.
Both boys are out for track. I love track season. It's one of those sports that they can just go and do. I don't have to go watch (unless it's a home meet and it's really warm that day). Not that I don't want to...but I guess we all just see it as more of a "social" sport for them. A day out of school hanging out with their friends. Tyler is learning to throw the shot put and the discus. I have a feeling he will do pretty well with both of them if he is taught the proper technique. He is so strong that hopefully this will work out for him. I think he is also going to run sprints. I'm not sure what events Ryan will do. Maybe sprints, relays, jumps...guess we will just have to wait and see.
Our family has made plans for a family vacation up in Frasier this summer. All 11 of us in one cabin! I'm SO looking forward to it. I hope the guys get to do some fishing, they've all been looking forward to that. More than anything I'm looking forward to sitting on the deck in the sun with a glass of iced tea and a good book. Ahhh...can hardly wait!
This is a picture of Ryan's jr. high wrestling team after they won the Burlington Invite. Ryan is the 4th on from the right on the bottom row.
This is Ryan about to beat a kid from Eads.
Mom and Dad got all the grandkids some hillbilly teeth for Christmas. (Ryan, Kately, Tyler, Brynna, McKenna and Kyron.)




No comments:
Post a Comment