Monday, April 5, 2010

...and they can run too!

Who would have thought...my boys are FAST!!!  Obviously they didn't get it from me.  Or maybe they did - and they took it all FROM me so I have nothing left.  Does it work that way?  haha.

Ryan's first track meet was INCREDIBLE!  He won his first heat of the 100m by a lot.  That put him in the 100m finals where he was neck and neck with a kid from Goodland, but Ryan's determination, and competitiveness pushed him across the finish line first.  I believe his time was 13.4.  He was the first leg on the 4 x 100 relay.  They took 1st in that one too.  He was the first leg of the 4 x 400 relay too.  And not only did they take first in that one too...they also broke the middle school record by 4 seconds!  AND THEN...he took 2nd in the high jump.  I hope he realizes how blessed he is with athletic ability.  (And I hope he realizes he got it all from me. - just kidding.) 

Tyler did a great job at the Burlington Invitational this last Saturday.  The competition in high school is a little bit stiffer than in middle school, but I was very proud of how well Tyler did.  He threw the shot put for the first time and was 4" from his goal of 30'.  He also ran the 100m and took 3rd in his heat with a time of 12.9.  He placed 3rd in his heat in the 200 as well.  He really did a good job.  Tyler is very deceiving.  He isn't very tall (yet) and is built very solid - not chubby at all...maybe more stocky.  But anyway, I don't think people expect him to be fast when they look at him.  He is just full of surprises though!  I have a feeling if he keeps working hard, he will improve his throws and his times by leaps and bounds by the end of the season. 

So in my last post I said something about how its finally track season - now they can do what they want and I don't have to go if I don't want to...blah, blah, blah.  Ya right!?  I will admit, I didn't go to Tyler's meet in Lamar because it was cold, wet, and windy and he was only signed up to run the 100m that day.  I just couldn't see driving 2 hours to watch him run for 12 seconds.  But...this weekend Tyler goes to Limon and Ryan goes to Wray.  I thought I would just stay home - keep it fair - get some things done around the house.  Ya right?!  I don't know if I can stay away!  I just don't know which one to go to............one is an hour north and one is an hour west.  WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??? 

No comments: