Last night while waiting in another endless check out line at Safeway, I got a call on my cell phone from Ryan's basketball coach. Strange...but whatever. He told me that Cheyenne Wells doesn't have enough kids for and "A" game and an "B" game, so there would only be one 7th grade game. He basically told me that if he plays Ryan and the other "A" team kids they will smoke Cheyenne Wells, so while Ryan would probably see some playing time it wouldn't be much. I guess he was trying to tell me that if I drove down there - not to get upset if he didn't play much. (Seriously, I'm not the type to get upset about things like that, am I???) Keep in mind - I keep the book so it's not like I'm yelling during the games. Anyway...against my better judgment I stayed home. THEN I found out that Ryan played TWO quarters and, according to Tyler's girlfriend Mari (who went to the game) he scored about half of his team's points. Grrrr... So now I'm feeling a little insecure. Why would he tell me not to go? Did he tell the other parents of the "A" teamers not to go? I don't get it. Strange.
Next time I will follow my gut and I will go to his game.
Actually I am going to have to miss one more game. On Tuesday I have to take Tyler to a doctor in Denver for a consultation about getting his tonsils, and adenoid taken out and tubes put in his ears. If we time this right, they will be able to do the procedure here in Burlington - and it will be after football season and right before Christmas break so it shouldn't interfere too much with wrestling. The doctor here said that once he heals from this surgery and isn't constantly fighting ear infections he will probably have a growth spurt. Tyler is all for that!

No comments:
Post a Comment