I've been the "official scorer" at the last two home games. That means I keep the book at the scorer's table. When I signed up for this job I thought - easy job, will get paid to go to the game rather than having to pay to get in...piece of cake. What I didn't realize is that I can't YELL (or cheer) from there. I have to keep my mouth shut...and it's not easy! I am one of those moms parents that really gets into the game. I like to cheer for them and tell them rather loudly that it would be a good idea to "REBOUND!" but I can't do that when I keep the book. So...I'm learning to keep score...very quietly.
Tonight, Ryan's basketball team beat Colby 25-19. Ryan was the leading scorer for the Cougars with 7 points. They are really improving - playing much better as a team. Lots of room to grow...but getting better with every game. After all...that's what it's all about.

1 comment:
Oh, Kelly...I can't imagine trying to not cheer for your kid! You are too strong. Although, does that mean you can hold it all in during the game and let it out at half time or after? Tell both the boys good luck and we miss y'all!
Kim
Post a Comment