Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Football Scrimmage

The football team traveled to Yuma to scrimmage Fort Morgan on Saturday. Tyler played 2nd string center and some defensive line. I was so glad I went to the scrimmage so I could get a feel for what to expect at the high school games this year. He did an awesome job, but assuming there aren't many injuries to the 1st string guys, I doubt Tyler (or any other freshman) will see much action on the varsity squad. He will get to suit up for all the home games though. I think he will see most of his action on the JV squad (which is fine with me!) I'm not a football expert by any means, but I thought that the team as a whole looked pretty good. Fort Morgan is ranked #5 in 3A and we definitely held our own against them.





We are in the black jerseys. Tyler is 2nd from the right on the defensive line. In the other picture, he is the first one out of the huddle headed to the line of scrimmage.








No comments: